About Orchard Core
Official Site: https://www.orchardcore.net/
Orchard Core consists of two different targets:
- Orchard Core Framework: An application framework for building modular, multi-tenant applications on ASP.NET Core.
- Orchard Core CMS: A Web Content Management System (CMS) built on top of the Orchard Core Framework.
Building Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions with the Orchard Core Framework
we can build modular and multi-tenant applications using just Orchard Core Framework without any of the CMS specific features.
Building Website with Orchard Core CMS
Orchard Core CMS supports all major site building strategies:
- Full CMS. In this mode, the website uses a theme and templates to render your content, aiming for little to no custom development at all.
- Decoupled CMS. The site starts off blank, apart from the content management back-end. You create all the templates you need with Razor Pages or MVC actions and access your content via the content services.
- Headless CMS. The site only manages the content, and you create a separate application that will fetch the managed content using GraphQL or REST APIs.
Orchard CLI Commands
- use release:
dotnet new -i OrchardCore.ProjectTemplates::1.0.0-rc2-*
- use dev branch:
dotnet new -i OrchardCore.ProjectTemplates::1.0.0-rc2-* --nuget-source https://nuget.cloudsmith.io/orchardcore/preview/v3/index.json
dotnet new occms
dotnet new ocmvc
dotnet new ocmodulecms
dotnet new octheme -n "ThemeName.OrchardCore"
Need to check “include prerelease” in include dev branch.
- Need to reference OrchardCore.Application.Cms.Targets
- Need to reference OrchardCore.Application.Cms
- Need to reference OrchardCore.Module.Targets NuGet package
- Need to reference OrchardCore.Theme.Targets Nuget Package